The G Project, Social and Environmental Marketing Campaign by G Adventures
Launched in April 9, 2013, The G Project is part of G Agents of Change campaign of G Adventures. The G Project, powered by G Adventures and its non-profit foundation Planeterra, encourages people to submit ideas that will help solve social and environmental issues at a local level.
People who would like to join the movement, could submit their ideas, the community votes on them, and the idea judged to have the most impact and greatest chance of success will be brought to life. Submissions will be collated and showcased on the G Project website (www.thisisyourplanet.com) and the four people with the ideas with the greatest potential will be invited to pitch to a panel of high-profile judges in Costa Rica. The person with the idea the judges believe will have the most positive impact will receive a US$25,000 development grant and the backing of Planeterra to bring their project to life.
Participants can register their ideas up until June 3, 2013 in one of four categories : Community, Freedom, Beauty or Knowledge. Entrants must complete a questionnaire identifying the critical need, the impact their idea will have and the feasibility of execution. Opinions on the ideas submitted will be publicly canvassed online and a list of 16 will be announced on June 4, 2013.
A panel of thought leaders, innovators and social entrepreneurs, including Lonely Planet’s Tony Wheeler and Dr. Jane Goodall, will then select a shortlist of four finalists based on a set of criteria that favour small-scale, sustainable ideas that focus on local communities and have a strong social element.
The four finalists will be announced on June 24, 2013 and they will then be flown out to the inaugural Summit in the Jungle in Costa Rica in September. Here they will hone their ideas before pitching them to G Adventures’ founder Bruce Poon Tip and a selection of judges.
The Panel of Judges :
- Braulio Dias – Assistant Secretary General of the UN & United Nations Executive Secretary on Biological Diversity
- Jane Goodall – Founder, Jane Goodall Institute; Humanitarian; Primatologist; Conservationist; Author
- Jonathan Tourtellot – Founding Director of National Geographic Centre for Sustainable Destinations; Writer Editor
- Cameron Sinclair – Co-founder, Architecture for Humanity
- Tony Wheeler – Co-founder of Lonely Planet; Traveller; Entrepreneur
- Les Stroud – Star of the TV series Survivorman; Filmmaker; Outdoor Adventurer
- Wade Davis – Explorer-in-Residence, National Geographic; Anthropologist
- Jennifer Adams – Founder & Executive Director of Places We Go; Filmmaker
- Jordan Romero – Youth Health Advocate; Mountaineer; Fundraiser
The winner will be announced on September 24, 2013 at the Future of Tourism event in Toronto, Canada.
Photos / Images Gallery of The G Project, Social and Environmental Campaign by G Adventures