Unveiled on February 23, 2021, Recovery Plan for The World is a new social movement campaign to end COVID-19 and kickstart a global recovery.
The campaign is run by Global Citizen and invite everyone, everywhere, from the world’s top artists to non-profits, to take action throughout the year to get the world to Recover Better Together.
According to Global Citizen, if we can get vaccines to everyone who needs them, get children back in classrooms, get food back on the table for everyone, recommit to protecting our planet, and make serious progress on achieving better equity, we will be in a much stronger place to achieve the Global Goals by 2030. Without it, we will fail.
Global Citizen’s white paper, “A Recovery Plan for the World”, also takes a deep dive into the issues we need to work together to solve :
- Help end COVID-19 : ensuring equitable access to COVID-19 tests, treatments, and vaccines for everyone, everywhere
- Curb the hunger crisis : if the world is to ever rebound from COVID-19, the worsening hunger crisis must be addressed
- Resume learning everywhere : education fosters opportunity, safety, and hope, which builds a more secure, equitable world
- Protect the planet : glaciers are melting, water is rising, and the world’s poorest people are being impacted the most.
- Advance equity for all : ensuring a fair, just, and inclusive recovery.
Global Citizen itself is a social action platform for a global generation that aims to solve the world’s biggest challenges. On teh platform, you can learn about issues, take action on what matters most, and join a community committed to social change.