Planned to launch prior April 12, 2021, “Escape The Everyday Responsibly” is domestic consumer campaign that aimed to encourage responsible travel as tourism begins to open up across England.
In line with Step 3 of the Government roadmap, “Escape the Everyday Responsibly” campaign would like to make a positive impact on local communities around England.
As part of the campaign, VisitBritain is also inviting people, destination, tourism attraction or business to get involved in the campaign and help to generate a buzz by encouraging their fans and customers to share their top tips for escaping the everyday responsibly from launch day onwards.
The “Escape the Everyday Responsibly” campaign itself wish to land the following key messages for responsible travel:
- Plan and book ahead. If your plans change, remember to cancel in good time so your table or room doesn’t go to waste.
- Respect, protect and enjoy nature and the great outdoors.
- Avoid tourist hotspots and check out England’s hidden gems instead.
- Be kind to staff and locals, and support local independent businesses where you can.
- Follow social distancing rules, wash your hands regularly and wear face coverings where necessary.
- Look out for the We’re Good to Go mark – it shows businesses that are operating in line with government COVID guidance.
Prior to 12 April, VisitBritain will share further communications around ways to get involved, how to amplify the messaging and advocate to the customers.