Good Stories to Tell : ‘Work from Nova Scotia’ campaign, Canada
The campaign, Work from Nova Scotia, focuses on attracting Canadian remote workers to Nova Scotia to relocate for a longer-term stay or a permanent move.
Work from Nova Scotia’s campaign is only focused on Canadians since visas and other documentation aren’t required to relocate.
The campaign is focusing heavily on larger cities such as Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary because it’s likely those cities have a larger remote worker population.
Beside of the reasons like population growth were motivators for the campaign’s creation, the COVID-19 pandemic also played a part.
The creative approach of the campaign is about the greatest benefit of working from Nova Scotia: it’s that you get to live here.
Nova Scotia’s general safety regarding COVID-19 has been a key selling point for the campaign. Nova Scotia has been lauded as one of the most successful areas in North America in its fight against COVID-19.
The campaign also promotes the other side of Nova Scotia’s natural beauty. For example, people in Nova Scotia can step outdoors and see the ocean rather than in a large city like Toronto where someone may be surrounded by buildings.
As part of the campaign, a dedicated website also has been developed, as well as a dedicated Youtube channel. The campaign’s website provides information prospective migrants may need when thinking of moving to Nova Scotia. It lists information for things such as healthcare, schools, things to do and real estate.
Campaign Name :
Work from Nova Scotia
Campaign’s Time frame :
December 14, 2020 – March 31, 2021
Key Takeaways :
- According NEWS 95.7’s The Rick Howe Show (March 22, 2021), the campaign’s website has seen 531,000 engaged users – those who visited for more than 10 seconds and/or did an activity like clicking a link – since its launch.
- The campaign’s goal is to see 15,000 people move to Nova Scotia by the end of 2021.
Video Adverts / Campaign :
- Work from Nova Scotia (workfromnovascotia.com)
- Work from Nova Scotia, The New Zealand of North America
- Work from home campaign sees thousands interested in moving to Nova Scotia – Halifax Today