Good Stories to Tell : Pure Sounds of Michigan
Debuted on May 2019, “Pure Sounds of Michigan” is an ambient music album released by Pure Michigan that utilizing sounds from 10 iconic Michigan state parks.
Available in its entirely on major streaming platforms and michigan.org/puresounds, Pure Sounds of Michigan takes listeners on a sunrise-to-sunset tour of the state to both inspire travel to the state of Michigan and transport listeners to fond memories.
As part of the album’s release, Pure Michigan is collaborating with the Movement Music Festival, an annual techno music festival in downtown Detroit’s Hart Plaza Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-27, 2019) that draws thousands of global artists, fans and journalists together at one of the longest-running dance music events. Pure Michigan sponsored the media tent, outfitted with iconic scenery from across the state, and the Pure Sounds of Michigan album and behind the scenes visuals that played throughout the festival weekend.
Coinciding with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources State Park Centennial celebration in 2019, the album was produced and released by Detroit-based Assemble Sound. The multi-faceted project has Michigan artists, companies, organizations and Movement Music Festival in the mix.
A total of 10 Michigan state parks provided sounds that were captured in Pure Sounds of Michigan, by local composers and producers Blair French and Eddie Logix, including: Porcupine Mountains State Park, Tahquamenon Falls State Park, Mackinac Island, Petoskey State Park, Tawas Point State Park, Silver Lake State Park, Ludington State Park, South Higgins Lake State Park, Belle Isle and Warren Dunes State Park.
Conceptualized by Weber Shandwick Detroit, who works to help build the Pure Michigan brand through web, media, public relations and digital marketing, Pure Sounds of Michigan is a powerful reminder of the importance of nature, and a persuasive invitation to come explore the range of beauty that Michigan holds.
The album’s full track list includes:
- Dave Graw – “Lighthouse at Sunrise”
- Todd Modes – “Island Drift”
- Blair French feat. Ahya Simone – “The Cedar and the Falls”
- Windy & Carl – “Forest Trails”
- John Beltran – “Childhood Memories”
- Nuntheless – “City of Sand”
- Eddie Logix – “Lake of the Clouds”
- Greater Alexander – “Dark Sky Dunes”
- Sterling Toles feat. Rafael Statin – “Campfire Rituals”
- Waajeed – “The Rock (Bridge to a New Day)”
The Pure Michigan brand itself was created by the Birmingham, Michigan office of McCann Detroit.
Key Takeaways :
- Think beyond the border of imagination. Sounds of destinations is the new hype and could become the official soundtrack of traveler’s journey.
- Transform endless supply of natural beauty and cultural experiences into the new form to inspire and encourages people to exxplore Michigan, even before the visit the place.
- Pure Sounds of Michigan is a soothing compilation album that invites listeners to take a virtual, sunrise-to-sunset tour of the state from coast to coast as interpreted by some of Michigan’s most talented musicians.
- The album is composed using signature ambient sounds of nature captured from 10 Michigan State Parks throughout the peninsulas, from gentle streams to rolling waves and indigenous birds to a variety of Michigan’s natural elements.
- Each of the music have their own good story to tell. From the sights and sounds of a summer afternoon, to the magic of keeping campfire rituals alive.
- Make it available on every major streaming platform.