Launched on September 15, 2020, “One Happy Workation” is the program of One Happy Island Aruba that invite anyone with a valid U.S. passport to relocate to the Caribbean isle for 90 days.
Under the “One Happy Workation” program, Aruba allows for visitors to book their stay for up to a 3-month duration (90 days), work remotely in paradise, and take advantage of the offered accommodation packages. Packages can include: special rates, complimentary WiFi, breakfast, all-inclusive food & beverage options, access to special local experiences, and more.
According Aruba Tourism Authority, the minimum stay is one week. Better yet, actually working is “not mandatory,” as visitors are welcomed to spend their stay as they please. Visitors can choose from any participating accommodation, ranging from small hotels to large resorts, and even private villas.
Important Requirements of One Happy Workation:
- Currently, this program is available to US nationals with a valid passport and allows for participants to book their stay in Aruba for up to 90 days (rather than the usual 30-days for US nationals).
- Participants must select “One Happy Workation” as the “purpose of visit” on the ED Card form, currently no additional official forms are required.
- One must be employed by a company or be self-employed within your home country. You may not render services to and receive income from a local Aruban company or individual (for this a work or business permit is required)
- If you reside in a different country, we still urge you to consider working remotely in Aruba, as anyone can do it! All you need to do is confirm the maximum amount of days you are legally allowed to stay in Aruba. We strongly recommend you check Aruba’s entry requirements and contact Aruba’s Immigration Department (DIMAS) for more details.
- For any further details on this program, it is necessary to contact the Aruba Tourism Authority.